PAINTING HOLIDAYS WITH THE WAA
The Welsh Academy of Art offers week-long modules to those wishing to combine their holiday with artistic development in one of the most beautiful landscapes in the UK.
Situated in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National park there is ample material for inspiration amongst a well developed and thriving artistic community.
Our week-long courses provide 5 days of intensive training for both beginners and experienced artists.
(We can also tailor a module to suit the specific needs of groups)
- Cast drawing/painting
- Portrait drawing/painting
- Still life drawing/painting
- Figure drawing/painting
- Landscape painting
In addition to the core modules we offer a number of specialist workshops with visiting tutors from all over the world.
Previous workshops have included:
- Landscape painting with Marc Dalessio and Donald Jurney
- Écorché with sculptor Jason Arkles
- Anatomy for Artists with Brian Gorst
- Materials workshops teaching students how to make canvases and grind their own paint
For further information on our range of modules and specialist courses see here.